A letter for immature self

Hi.

Mon, 13th April 2020

Woke up a few days ago with the snoozed alarm titled "A's birthday". Gosh got slammed in the face. I still have it kept on my phone like it just happened yesterday. It has been 8 years and this doesn't feel great no more. I am not in my late teen to be depending on this shameless feeling anymore. Recently, I just officially turns 25 and been single for as long as I can remember. Not that I feel proud of. 

Should have turned to the new page and new chapter. I am going to ditch him from today onwards. Yes, he turns 25 today and let's get over it real quick. I need to find other stuff to keep me busy at the moment. (sigh)
I am writing down a sweet letter to myself to ponder upon and to figure out a better outcome for a better eventful life for my future self. 

  be your own version to smile  


Dear old self,

Old immature self, you are free to move away from any lingering feeling that you embrace for a pretty long time. It was really worthwhile to feel the ownership of discomfort all alone but gain nothing in return. You may think it was once a kinda 'having romantic feeling' towards the boy but let make it past tense. You no longer need a boy. You need a real man, a really quick-witted man.

The man you see and need you for who you are and deserve your attention. For now, let it go with the flow. No need to rush for good things to happen, it will come naturally once you settle with yourself.

Let's not make your future 40 years old self to be regretted over younger you for not able to be bold to find someone special for your own sake. Brace yourself tightly cause you are going to taste sweet revenge onboard. Insha Allah, hopes for the best.


Xoxo,
Thoughtful self


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popcorn in the backyard

Buttermilk chicken

Almond milk